With the semester coming to a close I finally have a bit more time to get to my growing pile of sewing projects for the baby. I whipped up a few burp clothes from the leftover fabric from his quilt. I didn’t use a pattern, just cut some strips of fabric, folded the edges under, ironed and stitched to the diapers.
I made a few before Kaylee was born too and they were the best things ever. We’re still using them as changing pads, to mop up spills, wipe dirty hands and faces, and even snuggle with. They make great dolly blankets too.
This time around I used a different diaper, and I haven’t washed them yet so I can’t attest to shrinkage or absorbancy, but they feel really nice. Kaylee’s were made from Gerber diapers, but they are a lot more expensive now than they once were and pretty difficult to find in the stores. Instead, I ordered OsoCozy Indian Prefolds online, and while they are a bit smaller, I think they will do just fine. I also added little loops of ribbon thinking I might want to attach them to something (stroller, car seat, purse) with rings…or not…but the option is there.
I also managed to get all of the fabric cut for the baby’s quilt, I just need to find some time to start sewing. Maybe he’ll wait until I’m finished before he makes his appearance…but I won’t hold my breath 🙂