Crafts: New Quilt Top

I managed to get all of the side sashings sewn together and started laying out the ‘bricks’.  Since I was working with several scrap pieces rather than full fat quarters, it was challenging to get everything placed just right. I had a ton of the pink dot fabric for example, and only two rectangles of the elephants.

I think I finally settled on this version. They still need to be trimmed, but I’m happy with the layout.

My overall goal with this quilt was to incorporate the Amy Butler fabric that served as the inspiration for Kaylee’s nursery colors…

and the fabric I bought while on a trip to Paris five years prior (that I secretly hoped would one day find its way into a baby quilt)….

Orange and pink don’t go very well together, which was the difficult part, but I think it has enough other colors in it to balance it out somehow.

Next I move on to trimming the rectangles on along the edge and sewing the rows together.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s